Academic Certifications

Supplementing your education with studies in another country is a positive asset in your CV and can boost your career in the future. If you are considering studying in Spain, you have come to the right place!

Would you like to study a master’s degree in Spain? Your PhD? Perhaps a second degree? This is certainly a unique opportunity to improve your Spanish and get involved in the Spanish culture. Without a doubt, it will be an unforgettable experience.

When applying to universities, in addition to your application form, you will have to submit some other documentation, such as your CV, your previous university diploma (if you have one) or your student’s personal records and academic transcript. If these documents are not in Spanish, you will have to get them translated by a certified sworn translator appointed by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in order to submit them to the Spanish authorities.

Another situation that may require you to have a sworn translation of your student’s records and certificates is if you want to apply for a job position in Spain and your degree diploma comes from abroad. Often, you will also need to submit your criminal records certificate, some reference letters, or proof of your previous work experience. Particularly, if you have studied abroad and want to work as a doctor, a nurse, or any other regulated profession in the same conditions as a person who has obtained a Spanish diploma, you will have to homologate (“homologar”) your studies. To do this, you will have to submit a copy of your diploma and of your student records to the Ministry of Education. These copies must include the subjects you studied and the grade you obtained , as well as the workload involved and the official curriculum followed. If these certificates are not issued in Spanish, they must be accompanied by an official sworn translation with the seal and signature of a sworn translator/interpreter appointed by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.




1 comment

    Hola buen dia,
    Quisiera obtener un estimado de costo y tiempo para la traduccion oficial de unos documentos para inscribirme en la universidad politecnica de Madrid. Me piden mi plan de estudios, mi transcrip y mi programa de las asignaturas

    Espero escuchar pronto de usted,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *